Move On When Ready is a new dual enrollment initiative from the State of Georgia which allows eligible 11th and 12th graders to enroll full-time at a participating institution. Here are some important pieces of available information:
- Students must be on track for graduation in order to participate and must have been enrolled in a public Georgia school for the entire prior year.
- MOWR students will not attend any classes on their high school campus. They will take actual college courses. Only academic and technical courses will be available. Students will not be able to take arts or other non-academic elective courses.
- Students and parents/guardians will be responsible for the costs of textbooks and any expenses related to transportation, food, housing (if desired), technological needs, etc.
- It is not yet known which institutions will be participating. The DOE Board of Regents will compile a list when all institutions have made their decisions.
- All rising 11th and 12th grade students in SCCPSS high schools will attend an advisement session about this program by March 19th. The PowerPoint from the advisement sessions is available by clicking here .
- MOWR does not replace or eliminate previously existing dual enrollment programs.
More information can be found by clicking here to go to the state website. Students and parents/guardians who decide to participate in MOWR should contact their guidance counselors to begin the process.
PowerPoint: Move on When Ready