Accountability, Assessment, and Reporting
The Office of Accountability, Assessment, and Reporting coordinates the district, state and national testing programs, data requests, research requests, college and career readiness performance index indicators, district surveys, district scorecard, school benchmarking, full-time equivalent, federal impact aid, school data teams, high school waivers and variances, program evaluation and statistical research in support of our accountability programs. Our goal is to assist Savannah-Chatham County schools with continuous improvement of student achievement.
· Serves as system and school liaison with the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement for determination of the College and Career Readiness Performance Index.
· Assists and supports the district’s schools to meet/exceed standards and interpret the CCRPI measures.
· Assists in formulation, establishment, and implementation of system accountability plans, school benchmarks, and district scorecard to close achievement gaps between and among all student subgroups.
· Assists with the coordination of data teams and surveys to assist our schools and district with data-driven decision-making to promote student achievement.
· Supports the district-wide assessment process to improve student performance by establishing system testing dates and procedures.
· Measures the level of student achievement on the Georgia Performance Standards (GPS). Provides schools with diagnostic and predictive information for identifying academic strengths and weaknesses to establish priorities in planning educational programs.
· Implements state mandated tests in compliance with state requirements.
· Implements and obtains national norm-referenced tests and national assessments to measure student progress relative to national progress.
· Facilitates and assists in the development of local assessments that identify student learning patterns and needs.
· Coordinates proctoring and administration of tests in the schools.
· Establishes test security guidelines for the school system.
· Ensures data and test scores are available in multiple formats to meet the needs of district and departmental goals (see Executive Summary Reports).
· Analyzes and reports data and test score results to the schools, district, parents, and public.
· Serves as the contact for the state Georgia High School Graduation Test and the Georgia High School Writing Test waivers and variances.
· Provides website information to our students, parents, and public through links to testing.
· Provides support to our students and parents with Test Taking Tips through available community venues.
· Provides demographic, student performance, research, and planning information from numerous data sources.
· Evaluates implementation of district programs.
· Organizes and presents data in support of program evaluation and program continuation.
· Participates in external agency research projects.
· Develops and/or reviews questionnaires and surveys.
· Processes requests for permission to conduct research.