The CGCA Transition Specialist is Alphonso Piper.
The CGCA Transition Specialist is responsible for promoting job development through direct contact with employers, One-Stops, State Employment Agencies, Career Transition Contractors, and community outreach.
Some of the many services that Mr. Piper provides include:
· Provides students with assessment and assistance with placement readiness.
· Ensures timely placement of students after they graduate.
· Helps students become enrolled in quality jobs, the military, or further education/training opportunities.
· Provides initial and periodic assessments of each student needs prior to separation.
· Ensures job readiness training (e.g. resume preparation, employability skills, and
work history/experience, CBVI, Dual Enrollment) has been provided to students.
· Assists graduates in identifying and obtaining support services within the communities where they work and live.
· Ensures all students achievement credentials are updated and documented.
· Assesses and documents each graduating student's transitional needs prior to separation: employability skills, housing, transportation, child care work clothing, tools, food and budgeting, etc.
· Continuously help students to become more employable even after graduation.
· Placement activities/services provided in accurate manner (respite care, work permit, etc).
· Works with all students and teachers, employees, and when necessary community representatives, to establish Special Education programs, curriculum, and instructional resources (and their evaluation) on a systematic basis.