School Business Partnership Letter
Dear Prospective Business Partner:
Virginia L. Heard Elementary is making great strides toward student success. In doing so, we are asking all community stakeholders to assist us in helping students reach their highest level of achievement. We are looking to create business partnerships with local businesses to enable us to reach our goal.
As a business partner, there are a number of ways that you can positively influence the success of teaching and learning in our school. Through a partnership, partners may:
- Provide incentives to motivate student achievement
- Reward instructional personnel for their dedication to students and community
- Impart knowledge of real-life business experience to students
- Assist the school in raising funds or making donations to enable school to reach academic, technological, or rejuvenation goals.
- Participate in a mentoring/tutoring program
Your participation as a business partner will influence students, your future employees and leaders in the community. Partners find it a rewarding way to prepare students for tomorrow. Students learn that the community holds education in high regards and cares about their success and future.
Whether you are a small business or a major corporation, we need you. Heard Elementary invites you to invest in our students, community, and our future. If you are interested in being a partner for Heard Elementary School, or need more information on our partnership program, please contact Brianne All at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 912-395-6630.
A school-business partnership is a mutually supportive arrangement that is beneficial for all constituents. A partnership instills a positive culture for improving relationships and reinforces community involvement.
The parties commit to specific activities intended to benefit students, improve student achievement, and help accomplish school improvement goals.
- A relationship is established with businesses and community in collaboration with educating our students.
- Lower dropout rates are associated with lower crime rates, less unemployment, and fewer welfare recipients.
- Expands the scope of stakeholders in the community.
- Students are better prepared to enter workforce.
- Increase in patronage by community.
- Enhances community image.
- Aids in customer and employee recruitment.
- Provides schools with incentives for students and teachers.
- Provides resources to school to enhance the students’ education.
- Reinforces the value of education to all students and community stakeholders.
- Assists school in achieving its goals.
- Provides students with incentives and materials to enhance learning.
- Provides learning opportunities, job training and career awareness.
- Relates school to “real life” situations and concepts.
- Partnerships support student achievement.
- Enhances learning opportunities in non-traditional settings.
- Increases self-esteem.
Strategies for Support and Participation
Listed below are suggestions for ways in which businesses have impacted the school and student learning. These are suggested strategies. Please contact the School Business Partnership liaison with further suggestions. Creativity and imagination are welcome in creating successful partnerships.
Instructional Support and Enrichment
- Guest Speakers
- Field trip to business site
- Sponsorship of in-class programs
- Incentive and motivational support
Material and Financial Support
- Donation of supplies
- Assistance in securing grants
- Fundraising Opportunities
- Monetary donations for purchase of manipulatives, incentives, and/or educational materials.
- Monetary donations for teacher appreciation or school-wide needs.
Service Learning/Community Service
- Opportunities for career awareness.
- Utilization of skills, equipment, and/or resources to benefit school.
- Student recognition programs.
Thank you to Astatula Elementary in Astatula, FL for sharing their Business Partner information with us.