Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps
"To Motivate Young People to Be Better Citizens"
Providing a quality citizenship, character, and leadership development program, while fostering partnerships with communities and educational institutions.
Why Join Army Junior ROTC:
- To appreciate the ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship.
- To develop leadership potential, while living and working cooperatively with others.
- To be able to think logically and to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- To appreciate the importance of physical fitness in maintaining good health.
- To understand the importance of high school graduation for a successful future, and learn about college and other advanced educational and employment opportunities.
- To develop mental management abilities.
- To become familiar with military history as it relates to America's culture, and understand the history, purpose, and structure of military services.
- To develop the skills necessary to work effectively as a member of a team.