Massie Traveling Trunks and Box Kits
Using funds from a Teaching American History grant, Massie Heritage Center staff and Savannah-Chatham County Public School System (SCCPSS) teachers developed 38 resource kits available for use in the classrooms across the district. These items include a variety of books, artifacts and other manipulatives related to specific grade-level topics including the American Revolution, Civil War, Civil Rights, Slavery, Westward Expansion, Native Americans and various historical figures, such as George Washington and Theodore Roosevelt. The materials are requested, reserved and loaned to the SCCPSS teacher for a two week period when that curriculum is being taught and/or reviewed with their students. (Please note: These materials
are currently available only for SCCPSS teachers.)
Reservation Process for all SCCPSS Teachers
1. Choose your Traveling Trunk or Box Kit--Review list of all available topics and materials .
2. Sign a faculty loan agreement and return by email to Rachel.Warren@sccpss.com.
3. Request materials--contact Rachel Bradshaw at Massie by phone (912) 395-5070 OR email: Rachel.Warren@sccpss.com
4. Materials are sent to you--most material may be transported via the SCCPSS Pony mail system. Teacher will receive materials after reservation has been made.
5. To return materials to Massie: Please use the return label and enclosed content checklist to ensure all items are returned. (The borrower assumes responsibility for the care and return of materials in good condition and on time.) Pony drivers should be notified one day in advance, especially for the larger trunks.
*NOTE: The loan period for material is 2 weeks (14 days), including travel time to and
from Massie. Materials may be renewed, as long as other borrowers are not
waiting for the materials. If someone requests materials that have been
renewed, the first borrower will be asked to return the materials immediately