Oglethorpe and Tomochichi
November In-Classroom Program
Massie Heritage Center
• 1 Hour In-Classroom Program
• Aligned to the Georgia Performance Standards for 2nd Grade.
• Uses storytelling to guide a participatory and inquiry-based lesson.
(The story focuses on historical facts and also
highlights perseverance, kindness and diplomacy found in
Oglethorpe, Tomochichi and Mary Musgrove. It tells the story
of Oglethorpe’s legendary journey to the new world from
the perspective of a child. From his voyage aboard
a ship across the Atlantic with 114 colonists to
Oglethorpe’s remarkable friendship with Tomochichi and the
Creek Indians as well as the powerful Mary Musgrove.
This is the story of the early days of the colony of Georgia
when it was founded on the banks of the Savannah River.)
• Features interactive and hands-on activities.
• Includes a sorting project that students take with them
Call (912) 395-5070 for available times
Call early - times are available until all spaces are reserved.