* Applications are now open for the Savannah Engineering Academy Summer Academy 2018. Rising Juniors and Seniors who are interested in STEM are invited to participate in this hands-on program June 11-15th. Applications are due on Monday, May 7th. (extended to May 10)
* Summer Camp Volunteer Application for Oatland Island. Camp is Monday through Friday, 9:00AM-3:00PM. You must be at least 14 years of age and you must be prepared to work the full week of your assigned camp.
* High School Students Interested in a Career in Law, Research and the Legal Profession--See DR. Nessen in her office for application. Applications Due May 12
*Operation 15 Youth Summer Camp offers an exciting summer experience for a select number of SCCPSS rising 7th – 10th graders. They will be given the basic building blocks of leadership training and character building with a military science model of education. These skills will establish a solid foundation in law enforcement through hands on activities, CPR and First Aid training, physical fitness, and discussions with community and state leaders. Cost: $200. Dates: June 4th – June 22nd .Time: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Location: Myers MS. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided!
* Augusta University will be hosting its annual residential summer camp, The Summer Leadership Experience, from June 8th - 10th. The Summer Leadership Experience is looking for students who classify as rising freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors who exemplify what it means to be a student leader. Payment is due June 7. $150
* The University of Georgia (UGA) is looking for Juniors interested in majoring in a health, medicine, or science discipline for a new summer program July 8th through July 14th in Athens, Ga. During the week-long experience, PCSI students will reside on campus, receive education in the core areas of public health, and learn how to achieve success in the university setting. Students will also enjoy fun extracurricular activities, make connections with other program participants, and become more acquainted with the UGA community. The program is offered free of charge. Applications are due by Friday, May 11, 2018
* Interested in marine and local ecology. Sponsored by the NOAA Living Marine Resource Cooperative Science Center and Savannah State University,Coast Camp is a half-day ocean science program that teaches students about the ocean in an interactive, hands-on curriculum. This academic camp utilizes science, math and writing skills in conjunction with the Ocean Literacy Principles. The program fees are $150 for the 4-week camp. Registration for camp ends on May 30th, 2018
* Interested in Business, Marketing, Culinary Arts, Hotel/Lodging Management or Event Planning? These are students that would be interested in the Hospitality Careers Academy! The Academy is a terrific summer opportunity for your students that are interested in a career in hospitality and tourism. During the week-long Academy, students will listen to guest speakers in the industry, including The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds and Chick-fil-A, participate in job shadowing and industry tours, take part in team-building and leadership activities, all while working towards the culminating project that integrates the skills and information they have gained throughout the week. Attached is additional information for your students. You can also find more information by visiting our website, by clicking here.The online application can be found here, if you have any interested students. The application deadline has been extended to Wednesday, May 23 by 5pm.
* Any Current 9th – 11th male interested in becoming a teacher should consider applying to the free Rising MiSTER Academy summer program at Georgia College which takes place on June 3rd – 9th 2018, This annual initiative is a week-long experience where participants live in the residence halls, eat meals in the university dining hall, meet current MiSTERs and get valuable information about careers in the classroom.