Click here for more information on Parent University and it's Early Learning College.
What is Parent University?
Get Parent University Brochure click here
Parent University is a community collaborative that supports families. This initiative encourages parent involvement and participation in the education of our community’s children and youth.
Learn more about Parent University and Early Learning College HERE.
What are the objectives?
Maximize student learning by creating a strong bridge between the community and the school.
- Enable "parents" to teach each other.
- Train "informed parents" to work together with schools to create paths for student success.
- Provide support, guidance and nurturing to assure the realization of family success.
What does Parent University have to offer?
In our advanced society each of us needs to keep abreast of new and innovative ways of teaching and learning. Parent University has provided a way.
The university offers 3 Saturday sessions and satellite sessions through out the year. Parent University graduation ceremony convene in the month of June at the Savannah Civic Center.
What are some of the class topics?
- Choosing The Best - How to talk to your child about sexual abstinence.
- Testing, Testing, 1,2,3, - Helping your child prepare to pass standardized tests.
- Raising a Reader - Learn tips to help your child develop reading skills.
- Emotional Intelligence - Developing power over your emotions.
- COM: Computer Operating (in) Minutes.
- Coping With The Loss Of A Loved One.
- Knowing The Responsibility Level Of Your Child