The study of Language Arts is crucial to a student’s personal and intellectual development. Language Arts incorporates more than reading and writing – it also emphasizes communication skills, analytical skills, and the development of a personal voice. The faculty of the Language Arts Department of Savannah Arts Academy strives to meet the needs of their students and encourages further growth. All members of the Language Arts faculty are gifted endorsed and sixty percent are AP certified. The faculty strives to teach beyond the state mandated standards. Language Arts courses also incorporate the study of the Arts (Music, Theatre, Visual Arts, etc.) into the curriculum.
· Honors 9th Grade Literature– Genre Course
· Honors 10th Grade Literature– Genre Course
· Honors American Literature – Survey Course
· AP Language – Survey Course with emphasis on college level writing
· Honors British Literature – Survey Course
· AP Literature – Survey Course with emphasis on college level literature
In each of these courses, students will read a variety of literature, analyze literature at an advanced level, expand their vocabulary, develop their communication skills through writing, and prepare for the SAT and the Georgia High School Graduation Test.