DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Our guiding principles explain how we fulfill our mission by addressing what we do and the outcomes we expect. DECA enhances the preparation for college and careers by providing co-curricular programs that integrate into classroom instruction, applying learning in the context of business, connecting to business and the community and promoting competition. Our student members leverage their DECA experience to become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders.
ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
Our attributes and values describe DECA's priorities and standards. We value competence, innovation, integrity and teamwork.
Benefits of DECA Membership
DECA offers students many opportunities. Those opportunities include leadership
development, scholarship opportunities and student recognition.
- DECA is co-curricular and is integrated into the marketing education curriculum.
- DECA provides co-curricular programs and activity tools that teach the practical
skills of career preparation, encourage exploration of career fields and provide
experience in the world of work.
- DECA focuses students on defining their college and career goals and
emphasizes the relevance of core studies.
- DECA is the only student organization serving marketing education.
- DECA connects the importance of lifelong learning with success.
- DECA develops leadership skills by offering the most extensive leadership
training opportunities of all student organizations.
- DECA offers state and international recognition through competition in over 45 occupational areas.
- DECA awards more than $250,000 in scholarships each year.
- DECA promotes free enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- DECA has over 6,000 chapters nationwide.
- DECA membership is available in all 50 states, four U.S. territories, two
Canadian provinces, Germany and Mexico.
- DECA has over 180,000 high school and college members.
- DECA’s membership is equally divided between male and female members.
- DECA works because students’ needs are met.